Amherst County Lions Scholarship
The Amherst County Lions Club is proud to serve the Amherst County community and help Graduating High school students with continuing their education. We will be awarding two (2) one- time One Thousand dollar scholarships to two Amherst County resident that graduates from public, private or home schooled program.
1. Legal residence in Amherst County for at least two years.
2. Student plans to continue education as a full time (minimum of 12 credit hours) enrolled student at any of the following type institutions: 4-year College, 2-year College, trade school or professional apprenticeship.
3. Minimum High school GPA of 3.0 or B average.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation are required. One must be from a teacher and one from someone associated with a volunteer or community project you have participated. Please note letters of recommendation cannot be from relatives or friends.
5. Application deadline is April 10, 2020and full Application must be sent to – Amherst County Lions Club PO Box 84, Sweet Briar VA 24595.
6. After your first semester at college you need to send a copy of your grades ( official copy of transcript) to Amherst County Lions Club PO Box 84 Sweet Briar VA 24595. An overall GPA of 2.5 must be shown in order for the second half of the scholarship to be administered.
Two (2) One Thousand dollar ($1000.00) will be awarded to two graduating seniors. Scholarships will be sent directly to college, trade school or apprenticeship to be applied to student’s tuition. Scholarship is awarded in two parts. First payment ($500.00) is sent to college, trade school or apprenticeship prior to student enrolling for first semester and second payment ($500.00) is sent to college, trade school or apprenticeship after student has sent first semester transcripts to Lions Club verifying that student has at least a 2.5 GPA. Failure to send transcripts will result in forfeiture of second payment.